Katie Taylor has finally arrived in his home country as she will be defending her lightweight titles against the Argentinian, Karen Elizabeth Carabajal at OVO Arena Wembley tonight. Taylor is coming off a career-best night by outpointing unified featherweight champion Amanda Serrano in the biggest fight in women’s boxing history at an electric Madison Square Garden back in April. The Irish fighter is expected to make easy work of Carabajal in a 10-round main event in front of the jam-packed home crowd in London on a weekend night. Another biggest fight is waiting, where Jake Paul vs Anderson Silva will fight for the Showtime boxing championship.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Taylor has a fond memory of this particular venue as she overpowered Karina Kopinska in her first professional bout. She visited the Wembley Arena again in 2020 where she muffled out Miriam Gutierrez. Now the soil’s daughter will be again in action but this time around against the rather unknown combatant, Carabajal.
Carabajal is considered no match to Taylor’s fighting IQ and prowess. She boasts a record of 19-0 and will be fighting for the first time outside his native Argentina. And that could prove to be an extra demerit point for the Argentinian. But her record shows that she has the ability to spring up an upset and that Taylor shouldn’t be taking her lightly as Carabajal is going in with all she has to offer. Here is all you need to know about this monumental women’s clash, including live stream, and fight card.
How to watch Taylor vs Carabajal live online in US and UK?
The Irish fans who are unable to get a ticket inside the Wembley Arena can watch all the action live on DAZN. A subscription to DAZN currently costs £7.99 a month in the UK. While the folks who happen to be located in the U.S will also have to tune into DAZN to watch all the proceedings live.
Katie Taylor Vs Karen Elizabeth Carabajal Ring Walks:
The coverage of the event will kick start at 11:45 am ET with the main event expected to take the centre stage at 4 PM ET. The timings are subject to change depending on the lengths of the prelims and other fights.
Taylor Vs Carabajal Under Card:
- Mickey Ellison (13-4, 5 KO) vs Thomas Whittaker Hart (7-0, 3 KO), light heavyweights, 10 rounds
- Jordan Reynolds (3-0, 1 KO) vs Jose Manuel Lopez Clavero (16-18-1, 5 KO), middleweights, 6 rounds
- John Hedges (6-0, 2 KO) vs Aleks Makovec (3-0, 2 KO), light heavyweights, 6 rounds
- Maisey Rose Courtney (debut) vs Judit Hachbold (5-17, 1 KO), flyweights, 4 rounds
- Jordan Gill (27-1-1, 8 KO) vs Kiko Martinez (43-11-2, 30 KO), featherweights, 12 rounds, for Gill’s European title and IBF eliminator
- Johnny Fisher (6-0, 5 KO) vs Dominik Musil (7-4, 5 KO), heavyweights, 6 rounds
- Mary Romero (8-2, 2 KO) vs Ellie Scotney (5-0, 0 KO), junior featherweights, 10 rounds, for Romero’s European title
- Gary Cully (14-0, 8 KO) vs Jaouad Belmehdi (16-0-3, 7 KO), lightweights, 10 rounds
- Katie Taylor (21-0, 6 KO) vs Karen Elizabeth Carbajal (19-0, 2 KO), lightweights, 10 rounds, for Taylor’s undisputed championship (WBC, WBA, IBF, and WBO titles).