Former Vice President Mike Pence said Sunday he will make a final decision on a 2024 presidential bid “well before late June.”
Speaking to CBS’ Face The Nation, Pence said anyone who is “serious” about seeking the GOP nomination will make the announcement in June.
“If we have an announcement to make, it will be well before late June,” Pence said.
When asked by host Robert Costa if he is leaning toward launching a presidential bid, Pence said that he’s “here in Iowa” at the moment for the Faith and Freedom Coalition event in the state where the GOP primary will begin next year.
“I promise when we have anything to announce, I’ll let you know, but I will tell you, we’re getting a tremendous amount of encouragement,” Pence told NBC News on Saturday.
If Pence does decide to launch a campaign, he would be running against Donald Trump; former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson, entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy; and conservative talk radio host Larry Elder.
Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C) and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis are also expected to enter the contest as well.
Pence has clashed with Trump repeatedly his refusal to go along with the former president’s plan of baseless claims of widespread fraud in the 2020 presidential election. Trump has slammed Pence and that saw the former vice president be booed at the National Rifle Association’s annual meeting in his home state of Indiana earlier this month.
Pence certified Biden’s electoral win hours after the attack on the U.S. Capitol by Trump supporters, some of which were chanting “Hang Mike Pence” in now infamous video and audio of that day.
Meanwhile, President Joe Biden has repeatedly stated it is his intention to run in 2024. FWRD AXIS News reported late last week that Biden is expected to officially announce his re-election campaign as soon as next week.