World News

3 Dead, 3 Wounded In Shooting At Copenhagen Mall

The suspect, a 22-year-old man, was arrested and taken into custody after the shooting at the Fields shopping center.

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (Fwrd Axis) — Three people are dead and others were injured, including three critically, in a shooting Sunday at a mall in Copenhagen, according to police.

The suspect, a 22-year-old man, was arrested and taken into custody after the shooting at the Fields shopping center, the police confirmed at a news conference. The names of the victims who died have not been released nor have those who were injured in the shooting.

The suspect’s name was not released and did not have a criminal record, police said. However, he did have a rifle and ammunition when he was arrested.

Copenhagen police received an emergency call alarm at 5:37 p.m. local time, and the suspect was arrested at 5:48 p.m., officials said.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Police arrived at the scene and 15 minutes later tweeted that “several people” had been shot, and they urged people inside to await police.

“We are convinced the arrested suspect is the shooter in the mall shooting,” police inspector Søren Thomassen said at a news conference.

A video on social media appeared to show people running and screaming inside the mall as gunshots were heard popping in the background.

The mall is near the Royal Arena, where British pop star Harry Styles was scheduled to perform but he decided to cancel the show out of respect for those who lost their lives.

“I’m devastated for the victims, their families, and everyone hurting,” Styles said in a tweet. “I’m sorry we couldn’t be together. Please look after each other.”

Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen released a statement condemning the shooting and offered her sympathies to those impacted by the shooting, and called for Danes to stand together.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

“Denmark was hit by a cruel attack on Sunday night,” she said. “We have all been brutally torn out of the bright summer that we have just begun. It is incomprehensible. Heartbreaking. Pointless.”

You May Also Like

National Security

WASHINGTON — The White House said Monday a Signal group chat discussing plans of U.S. attack on Houthis in Yemen […]

World News

Francis will now return home to Casa Santa Marta in Vatican City. He will need a another two months of rest.

Ukraine War

Putin agreed to an 'immediate' ceasefire on all energy and infrastructure in Ukraine.

Ukraine War

Trump made the announcement while speaking to reporters on Air Force One during a late flight back to Washington.

Copyright © 2020 - [wpsos_year] FWRD AXIS Media Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Exit mobile version