Trump Administration

Trump Orders Military Strikes On Alleged ‘Drug Boat’

President Donald Trump announced on Tuesday that he ordered the U.S. military to conduct a strike against an alleged drug boat that he claimed was connected to a Venezuelan gang.

Writing on Truth Social, Trump said the “kinetic strike against positively identified Tren de Aragua Narcoterrorists in the SOUTHCOM area of responsibility.”

The attack took place while the boat was “at sea in International waters transporting illegal narcotics, heading to the United States,” according to Trump.


“TDA is a designated Foreign Terrorist Organization, operating under the control of [Venezuelan President] Nicolas Maduro, responsible for mass murder, drug trafficking, sex trafficking, and acts of violence and terror across the United States and Western Hemisphere,” Trump said.

Secretary of State Marco Rubio said “No one should be surprised” if there were.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

“That’s why they’re there on a counter drug mission, and they’re going to continue to operate. As far as specifics and future operations, I have to refer you to the Pentagon on that,” Rubio said.

Trump also posted a video of the strike on Truth Social.

The Pentagon confirmed in a statement the military has conducted a “precision strike against a drug vessel operated by a designated narco-terrorist organization.”

You May Also Like

White House

Federal judges say congressional approval is required before construction can continue.

National Security

The Iran war has strained key American munitions stockpiles.

Justice Department

President Donald Trump on Monday said D.C. U.S. Attorney Jeanine Pirro “folded” for dropping charges last week against those charged with damaging the Lincoln Memorial...

Congress

GOP senators had threatened to block Blanche's AG bid unless he formally killed the fund.

Copyright © 2020 - [wpsos_year] FWRD AXIS Media Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Exit mobile version