Iran War

Trump Says More Casualties Are ‘Likely’ During Operation In Iran

Trump said operations in Iran will continue “until all of our objectives are achieved”.

President Donald Trump released a pre-recorded video on Sunday, vowing to avenge three American deaths and warning there will “likely” be more American troops dying before the end of the operation in Iran.

“As one nation, we grieve for the true American patriots who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our nation, even as we continue the righteous mission for which they gave their lives. We pray for the full recovery of the wounded and send our immense love and eternal gratitude to the families of the fallen. And sadly, there will likely be more before it ends. That’s the way it is. Likely be more,” Trump said in the video, which was shared on Truth Social.

“But we’ll do everything possible where that won’t be the case,” he added. “But America will avenge their deaths and deliver the most punishing blow to the terrorists who have waged war against, basically, civilization.”

U.S. Central Command announced the first American deaths in the Iran conflict, which the Pentagon has called Operation Epic Fury, earlier on Sunday and said five U.S. troops were “seriously wounded.”

The president said in the video, which is his second pre-recorded video since the conflict began, said operations will continue “until all of our objectives are achieved”.

“We’re undertaking this massive operation not merely to ensure security for our own time and place, but for our children and their children, just as our ancestors have done for us many, many years ago. This is the duty and the burden of a free people. These actions are right and they are necessary to ensure that Americans never have to face a radical, bloodthirsty terrorist regime armed with nuclear weapons and lots of threats.”

Nearly 36 hours after the U.S. strikes, the Pentagon has held no briefings, and the administration did not try to convince the Senate to authorize the war, leading to criticism from Democratic lawmakers. Secretary of State Marco Rubio, Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth, Joint Chiefs Chair Gen. Dan Caine and CIA Director John Ratcliffe will give a briefing to update House members on the situation in Iran on Tuesday, according to four people with direct knowledge of the meeting.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Trump called on members of the Iranian military and police force to “lay down your arms and receive full immunity or face certain death”.

You May Also Like

Justice Department

The addendum prevents the U.S. from pursuing damages that could have been claimed against the plaintiffs, including Trump, his sons Donald Jr. and Eric,...

Donald Trump

The fund was established ahead of court deadlines in the IRS case.

China

The warning came during the opening session of a two-day meeting between the two leaders at Beijing’s Great Hall of the People.

Iran War

Trump was asked if “Americans’ financial situations” were motivating him to make a deal with Iran.

Copyright © 2020 - [wpsos_year] FWRD AXIS Media Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Exit mobile version