Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Kyle Richards and her husband Mauricio Umansky have reportedly separated after 27 years of marriage.
The story: Richards and Umansky met back in 1994 at a nightclub before getting engaged later that year. The pair were married in January 1996 and have three daughters together.
- “Kyle and Mauricio have been separated for a while now but are still living under the same roof,” a source told People Magazine. “They remain amicable as they figure out what’s next for them and their family.”
- The family was introduced to the world in 2010 during the premiere of Bravo’s The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and have always said they would allow their lives to play out in front of the cameras.
- “We’re the same, with or without cameras. We’re just super real and we know each other and we’re real,” Umansky told PEOPLE Magazine in March 2013.
What’s new: The news comes amid reports of trouble between the pair after Richards was seen not wearing her wedding ring recently.
- Umansky insisted during an April episode of a podcast “Two T’s In A Pod” that the rumors were not true but would be addressed in the upcoming ‘RHOBH’ season.
- “We’re not getting divorced,” he said. “I mean, it’s so dumb. That one stupid story that came out there, and then the girls all, you know, decided to talk about it on the Housewives, and so now it’s a storyline.”
- Umansky said he and Richards will address the rumors on the upcoming season of ‘RHOBH’.
Why it matters: The current season of Housewives is currently in production and news of the pair’s split will likely impact filming.
- Richards was the target of drama last season after she and her sister Kathy Hilton fought in the latter part of filming.
- Rinna has since been fired from the show and the drama will likely focus on Richards family problems as a filler for Rinna’s departure.
- “It was addressed by the girls. They bought it up,” added Umansky. “They really bought it up to Kyle.”
Real Housewives of Beverly Hills premieres later this year on Bravo.