ARLINGTON, Texas (Fwrd Axis) — The Dallas Cowboys’ defense continued their dominating start to the 2023 season with a 30-10 win over the New York Jets at AT&T Stadium on Sunday afternoon.
The Story: Fresh off their win over the New York Giants, the Cowboys shined on both sides of the football as they cruised to victory in their home opener.
- Dallas quarterback Dak Prescott threw two touchdown passes, his first two scores of the young season.
- Prescott finished 31 of 38 for 255 yards and Tony Pollard had 72 yards rushing.
- CeeDee Lamb tied a career-high with 11 catches.
“I know what I’m capable of doing and the things I’m pretty good at it,” said Lamb, whose longest catch — a 31-yarder — set up the first field goal from Aubrey. “The show isn’t over. I’m still going week in and week out. I’m proving it to myself and proving it to my guy that I’m one of the best.”
Strong start: In the first two games, the Cowboys have outscored their opponents 70-10.
- Jets quarterback Zach Wilson was sacked three times on Sunday, just one week after Dallas put the Giants’ quarterback Daniel Jones on the ground seven times.
- New York had just 147 yards as Wilson also threw three interceptions.
- Micah Parsons, the leader of the Cowboys’ defense, helped with four second-half turnovers for the Jets.
“We’re off to an outstanding start,” coach Mike McCarthy said of the defense. “The pressure and the takeaways are at an incredible level after two games.”
Up Next: The Dallas Cowboys are now 2-0 on the season and will return to the field next week to face the Arizona Cardinals (0-2) in Glendale.